Friday, February 02, 2018 / by Admin Prostead
So, a potential buyer is coming to see your house. Don’t panic! Follow these tips to present your house in the best way possible during a showing.
Ready to get your house on the market, or want to see what your house is worth? Click here!
Inside the house
· Turn ON every light, even in closets, hallways and inside/under cabinets.
· Open all curtains as wide as possible; leave blinds down but open the slats fully to let in light.
· Turn OFF all ceiling fans.
· Remove all photos and magnets from the refrigerator or other appliances.
· Remove anything on top of refrigerator.
· Put dirty dishes and sponges/scrubbers in dishwa ...
Tuesday, January 09, 2018 / by Admin Prostead
You’ve made the leap and you’re ready to sell your house. Now it's time to show it ... ProStead Realty can put you on the road to a fast sale!
Here’s a checklist to get your house picture-ready for buyers:
Consider getting a professional home inspection to see if any repairs are needed.
Hold a yard sale. Sell, donate or trash anything you don’t need. Click here for some great tips to make it a success.
Rent a storage unit for anything you won’t need until after the move: out-of-season clothing, decorations, papers, books, equipment, toys, furniture, garage items, etc. Some companies, like PODS, will even bring the unit to you, and return it when you’re ready to move!
Clean hardwood floors, scrub tile in kitchen and baths.
Steam clean carpets and drapes.
Repair cracks and holes in the walls.
Paint interior walls with neutral colors.
Remove excess and oversized furniture, and rearrang ...